Friday, December 23, 2011

Family Traditions

it's me again....hope you aren't getting too sick of me posting

Christmas time is a time where I feel family traditions come out. My nephew recently had to do a school project on a family tradition and the only thing my sister could really think of was Christmas Family Traditions. By the way he ended up doing a report on getting Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve like a lot of families do. I think family traditions are an important part of what makes this holiday so great.

I decided to start a new family tradition. 
I stole got the idea from my good friend Rachel...(hi Rach)

What it is, is The Best Christmas House Lights Award

We went around looking at people's displays of  Christmas Lights 
We decided on a few that we thought were pretty good and 
then voted amongst those which one we like the best and gave them an award

Here is our Winner

 and here is the award we left for them
(in case you were wondering I just whipped up this little award in Picnik)

We had fun doing this and plan to do it again next year.
But next time we will head to a different part of town because the part that we drove 
around last night didn't seem to have too many wonderful and exciting light displays.

Do you have any fun family traditions you do??




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...