Monday, March 7, 2011

Love Quilt

heather here (the one who married into this coop) and i LOVE to quilt
i love crafting too but right now my LOVE is quilting

over the few years that i have been quilting i have collected A LOT of scraps. a friend of mine made a quilt with all of her scraps and i stole her idea and scrounged through my scraps and found a lot of pinks, reds, & whites. so all those scraps got cut up and sewn together

then those lovely scraps became this

which then became this

which I absolutely LOVE!! (hence the "LOVE QUILT")

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You are amazing Heather!! I can't sew straight lines, so imagine the horror that quilt would have been in had I sewn it. You did great!

Amy / MoMomma said...

WOW! That quilt is amazing! How small are those tiny squares? it is just beautiful. http://www.momomma.com

heather b. said...

Amy~ I actually cut out 1 1/2 inch strips and sewed 4 strips together (using 1/4 inch seams) and then cut them into the squares and patched it all together. With this quilt having the squares so small there really is no rhyme or reason to it. I didn't sit and cut each square...that would be INSANE. I like to use "shortcuts" while quilting.

any other ?'s just let me know!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...